One of the benefits of having your big day when the weather is warm and sunny is to incorporate the outdoors into your wedding! Whether it’s a scenic ceremony overlooking the lake or a reception under a big tent camped out in the park, having a more non-traditional setting is definitely becoming a trend. This Friday we are looking at two distinct ways of bringing the Picnic in the Park theme to your inspiration table.
The first way is to really embrace the picnic theme, with bold checkers and stripes in red, white and blue. Nothing says picnic quite like a red and white blanket, and using these elements with your outdoor reception or cocktail hour will really make guests feel like they are lounging in the sun under a tree with a sweet tea.
The second way is more subtle, but still brings that laid back picnic feel to your wedding. Using floral elements, while still sticking with a bolder color palette like reds, yellows, blues and purples, can add a non-traditional feel without inviting all the ants to your picnic!
Hoping you are feeling inspired!
1. Patriotic Cake Topper Banner by Go Against the Grain
2. Yellow and White Bridal Bouquet – Blue and White Stripe Stem Wrap by Kate Said Yes
3. Red and White Checkered Gingham Pocket Square by Aristocrafts
4. Glittered Appetizer Picks, Red Appetizer Skewers by Company Forty Two
5. Wedding Menu Card Rustic Watercolor Floral and Stripes by Sunshine and Ravioli
6. Hand Painted Serving or Wedding Cake Plate by Crystal Peace Studio
7. White and Purple Bridal Bouquet with Couture Flowers by Hairbows Wonder World
8. Red Poppy Save the Date Cards by Appleberry Ink
Happy New Year from Etsy Wedding Team! We hope all our 2015 brides are gearing up for some amazing and memorable celebrations. In keeping with the new years theme, the first inspiration board of the year features champagne, an elegant color that, like its liquid counterpart, screams tradition but also can be mixed to create something truly unique and inspiring! Try it straight up, with pops of color or embellished with lace or feathers.
1. My Dream Wedding – Champagne and Ivory Flip Flops
2. Beadz2Pleaz – Champagne Swarovski Crystal Toasting Flutes
3. Fancie Strands – Champagne Lace and Flower Headband
4. Kate Said Yes – Champagne and Ivory Rose Bouquet
5. It Tops the Cake – Champagne, Gold and Lilac Rose Flower Cake Topper
6. Appleberry Ink – Mauve and Champagne Invitations
7. Paper Flora – Champagne Clutch
8. Lacey Claire Designs – Champagne and Black Lace Card Box
9. AngeeW – Black and Champagne Feather Clutch
10. Cottontail Press – Champagne Lace Printable Invitations
Many of us here in the USA have been struggling through a cold and unforgiving winter season. We are so excited to welcome spring, and hope that you will be inspired by our Etsy Wedding Team designers for your bright, springtime wedding!
Wedding Cake Server And Knife with Decorated Pink Glass Beads by Beadz2Pleaz
Daisy Wedding Invitation by AppleberryInk
Spring Ranunculus Wedding Decor/Table Settings by parsi
Wedding Garden Monogram Design by Go Against the Grain
Yellow Real Touch Calla lily, White Orchid Bouquet by Bride in Bloom
Aqua, Orange Rose Silk Flower Cake Topper by It Tops the Cake
Wooden Flowers for Wedding Decor by Company Forty Two
Garden Wedding Bouquet with Lavender Roses by Kate Said Yes
Corset Style Wedding Garter by Natalie Briggs