One of the benefits of having your big day when the weather is warm and sunny is to incorporate the outdoors into your wedding! Whether it’s a scenic ceremony overlooking the lake or a reception under a big tent camped out in the park, having a more non-traditional setting is definitely becoming a trend. This Friday we are looking at two distinct ways of bringing the Picnic in the Park theme to your inspiration table.
The first way is to really embrace the picnic theme, with bold checkers and stripes in red, white and blue. Nothing says picnic quite like a red and white blanket, and using these elements with your outdoor reception or cocktail hour will really make guests feel like they are lounging in the sun under a tree with a sweet tea.
The second way is more subtle, but still brings that laid back picnic feel to your wedding. Using floral elements, while still sticking with a bolder color palette like reds, yellows, blues and purples, can add a non-traditional feel without inviting all the ants to your picnic!
Hoping you are feeling inspired!
1. Patriotic Cake Topper Banner by Go Against the Grain
2. Yellow and White Bridal Bouquet – Blue and White Stripe Stem Wrap by Kate Said Yes
3. Red and White Checkered Gingham Pocket Square by Aristocrafts
4. Glittered Appetizer Picks, Red Appetizer Skewers by Company Forty Two
5. Wedding Menu Card Rustic Watercolor Floral and Stripes by Sunshine and Ravioli
6. Hand Painted Serving or Wedding Cake Plate by Crystal Peace Studio
7. White and Purple Bridal Bouquet with Couture Flowers by Hairbows Wonder World
8. Red Poppy Save the Date Cards by Appleberry Ink
Nothing says romance quite like beautiful flowers! As a major component of almost all weddings, flowers play a key role in setting the tone of your special day. Florals can take on many forms – hairpieces, bouquets or invitations and more! Colorful blooms or classic white stems, simplistic or over the top, the flowers present in your wedding say a lot about your style as a bride! This weeks Inspiration Friday takes a trip to a romantic secret garden in hopes that you will find something intriguing and get you thinking about how flowers can fit into your big day!
1. Floral Wedding Hair Pins by OWDJewelry
2. Ivory and Blush Wedding Bouquet by Kate Said Yes
3. Vintage Floral Frame Wedding Invitations by Sunshine and Ravioli
4. Garden Party Wedding Glasses by Crystal Peace Studios
5. Grapevine Personalized Wedding Hand Fans by Abby and Izzie Designs
6. Coral Rose and White Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet by Bride in Bloom Weddings
7. Wedding Circle Table Numbers by Company Forty Two
8. Coral Hydrangea and Green Calla Lily Silk Flower Cake Topper by It Tops the Cake
9. Lace Flower Bridesmaid Locket Necklaces by Aristocrafts
10. Woodland Wedding Floral Crown by Gade Gaard Design
11. Clay Orange and Peach Spring Rose and Ranunculus Bouquet by parsi
12. Bridal Clutch with Rhinestone Rose Embellishment by ANGEEW
Happy New Year from Etsy Wedding Team! We hope all our 2015 brides are gearing up for some amazing and memorable celebrations. In keeping with the new years theme, the first inspiration board of the year features champagne, an elegant color that, like its liquid counterpart, screams tradition but also can be mixed to create something truly unique and inspiring! Try it straight up, with pops of color or embellished with lace or feathers.
1. My Dream Wedding – Champagne and Ivory Flip Flops
2. Beadz2Pleaz – Champagne Swarovski Crystal Toasting Flutes
3. Fancie Strands – Champagne Lace and Flower Headband
4. Kate Said Yes – Champagne and Ivory Rose Bouquet
5. It Tops the Cake – Champagne, Gold and Lilac Rose Flower Cake Topper
6. Appleberry Ink – Mauve and Champagne Invitations
7. Paper Flora – Champagne Clutch
8. Lacey Claire Designs – Champagne and Black Lace Card Box
9. AngeeW – Black and Champagne Feather Clutch
10. Cottontail Press – Champagne Lace Printable Invitations