One of the benefits of having your big day when the weather is warm and sunny is to incorporate the outdoors into your wedding! Whether it’s a scenic ceremony overlooking the lake or a reception under a big tent camped out in the park, having a more non-traditional setting is definitely becoming a trend. This Friday we are looking at two distinct ways of bringing the Picnic in the Park theme to your inspiration table.
The first way is to really embrace the picnic theme, with bold checkers and stripes in red, white and blue. Nothing says picnic quite like a red and white blanket, and using these elements with your outdoor reception or cocktail hour will really make guests feel like they are lounging in the sun under a tree with a sweet tea.
The second way is more subtle, but still brings that laid back picnic feel to your wedding. Using floral elements, while still sticking with a bolder color palette like reds, yellows, blues and purples, can add a non-traditional feel without inviting all the ants to your picnic!
Hoping you are feeling inspired!
1. Patriotic Cake Topper Banner by Go Against the Grain
2. Yellow and White Bridal Bouquet – Blue and White Stripe Stem Wrap by Kate Said Yes
3. Red and White Checkered Gingham Pocket Square by Aristocrafts
4. Glittered Appetizer Picks, Red Appetizer Skewers by Company Forty Two
5. Wedding Menu Card Rustic Watercolor Floral and Stripes by Sunshine and Ravioli
6. Hand Painted Serving or Wedding Cake Plate by Crystal Peace Studio
7. White and Purple Bridal Bouquet with Couture Flowers by Hairbows Wonder World
8. Red Poppy Save the Date Cards by Appleberry Ink